Nowadays we are becoming more active in our social life to share all means of information and consume content relatable to our life.
It has become a trend in every family even in individual’s life to start their day by checking mobile phones, laptops, tabs, etc. People are using bundles of apps on their devices.
Here comes the role of artificial Intelligence and the question arises what is artificial intelligence? And how does artificial intelligence helps in our daily life?
In layman’s terms, artificial intelligence is something that makes devices smart by collecting data from various mediums and giving relevant information according to the user’s needs.
All the apps which we use in our day-to-day life are using artificial Intelligence in their backend to make the devices smarter. The camera we use to take selfies and photos also uses artificial intelligence by focusing on the face and blurring the background which helps in beautifying the facial area.
Starting from the camera to knowing the climate and the weather, to booking the cabs, all are having artificial intelligence running in their background to make the information accurate and helpful.
Let’s see the ten best examples of how artificial intelligence helps in our daily life
1. Face Recognition apps: –
Apps such as Snapchat, and Facebook have used artificial intelligence. Snapchat uses artificial intelligence to apply filters in the user’s photos whereas Facebook uses artificial intelligence to recognize the faces of people so that it could identify faces and help the users to tag themselves or their friends on Facebook.
2. Navigating Apps:-
Most of us travel regularly and whenever we get stuck and don’t know the location of our destination, we prefer using apps like Google Maps, which plays a major role in the navigation process.
It uses artificial intelligence to analyze the traffic, and give the best route according to the user’s convenience. It also shows various routes depending upon the modes of travel, like, if the user wants to reach their destination by bus, by train, or according to their walking distance, it will fetch and give the best route accordingly.
3. Independent vehicles:-
The self-driving vehicles use both machine learning and artificial intelligence to recognize the traffic, the nature of the roads, and the space around the vehicle. So that the vehicle can drive efficiently without having a driver. The company that manufactures self-driving vehicles are Toyota, Audi, Volvo, etc.
4. Recommendation from Media:-
Tv shows are also having their apps. The most common app is Netflix where we watch TV shows and many more. And whenever the show ends, we see a recommended option for the next show.
The recommendation is shown to us by analyzing our interest and the precious reaction of the shows that we have watched by using both digital media and artificial intelligence.
5. Use of Smart Assistants:-
The use of technology is growing day by day and now whatever stuffs we want to write, then we can use voice commands as well to do so, which makes it easier and more worthwhile than typing it.
These smart assistants are not only limited to typing but are also useful for the voice-enabled feature that can perform certain actions such as shopping, listening to music, and many more. All these are done with the help of artificial intelligence working in it.
6. Advertising products and Services:-
Information gathering is a game changer. Do you know how artificial intelligence plays its role here? Wherever a user searches for something digitally then artificial intelligence collects all the data of the users and then categorizes them in terms of their age, gender, profession, country, and many more.
After categorizing, it starts targeting the users who match their data with the help of artificial intelligence. And now you will see the ads for the product and services that you were searching for somewhere on the internet.
7. E-payment system:-
These industries are also started using artificial intelligence to prevent fraud and provide hassle-free service to their customers.
Banks have started giving online access to their users. And here artificial intelligence plays its role. It helps in detecting fraud activities, analyzing the trends of the customers, and providing them with satisfactory customer service.
Whenever the user does online transactions, the bank sends a message to the user. In this case, artificial intelligence helps to detect any kind of fraudulent activity. The notification received by banks and other financial industries regarding their services and products are examples of artificial intelligence.
8. Chatbots Services:-
Interacting with users daily can become a bit hectic. To make it a little easier in dealing with customers, companies started creating chatbots. These chatbots are made up of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Now, the frequently asked questions of the customers are solved by the chatbots. Chatbots will give the pre-define solution through chats or calls which was prepared by the company. In this way, chatbots are started becoming part of companies.
9. Health Management:-
Rapid growth in healthcare. The health industry is becoming more advanced day by day. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are used in various machines to make treatment easier and to detect disease smoothly.
Robots are used in surgeries to conduct operations. Even the machines used for detecting cancers and various kinds of drugs are based on artificial intelligence.
10. E-commerce Industry:-
People are started getting aware of the online market. The buying and selling process is getting easier day by day with the help of artificial intelligence.
The search engine is suggesting a relevant product that the users are looking for. It made it possible by categorizing product recommendations and presenting the product in a particular pattern in front of the users.
An online marketplace like amazon, Alipress, and many more are highly considered for a better online shopping experience.
From the above experience, we have seen how artificial intelligence helps in our daily life. As we know that every coin has two faces likewise artificial also has its merits and demerits.
So let’s see one by one what are the advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence:-
- High Accuracy and less Error:- Artificial Intelligence provides high accuracy with fewer errors. Humans can’t defeat this technology. It provides a smooth experience in its process.
- High speed:- Artificial Intelligence is commonly known as AI. And it provides high speed to the user. Humans can provide a limited amount of speed which cannot be static at every moment but AI can provide continuous high speed.
- Reliable and Responsible:- AI can be highly reliable and responsive at the same time. It can perform the same actions multiple times with high accuracy.
- Decisions are Unbiased:- Human beings are bought up by emotions whether we confront them or not. But AI machines are emotionless. And it can provide the decision only by calculating the data irrespective of emotions.
- 24×7 Availability with zero risks:- Humans can be productive for a certain interval of time in a day. Sometimes humans break the balance between their personal life and their work life. It becomes risky when human minds are not in control. Therefore AI can be the best solution to all these problems.
We gathered the advantages of AI and saw how artificial intelligence helps in daily life. Let’s discuss some disadvantages of it.
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence-
- Expensive:- To have a machine that understands human language and makes it work will cost high. And therefore the selling and buying will rise.
- Creativity ends:- Major problems will be sorted with help of machines like AI but human creation is irreplaceable. The human mind is a game changer. AI only does the stuff which we humans put into them.
- Increase in unemployment:- AI can do human work easily. AI such as chatbots and robots started replacing humans. Mostly small tasks like typing, security, and many more are easily taken under the hands of AI.
- Laziness:- As technology started taking the majority part, humans also started becoming lazy. Humans started relying more on these AI tools which may cause major health-related problems.
- No Emotions:- The AI machines do not have emotions that show downsides in making a connection between the people.
So far we have covered many things about AI. Now, we are going to discuss the impacts of AI on humans and the environment.
Impacts of AI on humans and the environment
AI has both negative as well as positive impacts on humans and the environment. The tech industries growing day by day and making the environment more competitive. The fact that humans who are spending more time with machines are inviting diseases into their lives. However, the more we are using it, the less we are having connections with humans because people are getting more reliant on technology.
Yet, it sounds amazing that human brains have created such a precious technology for solving our daily life problems.
Well, we have gathered as much knowledge as possible about AI and now it will be better to wrap it into a conclusion.
We have covered all the nuts points. And got the clarity of artificial intelligence both in a positive as well as in a negative way. Also assembled an idea about how artificial intelligence helps in our daily life.
The human mind is a golden gem and can create a better world with the help of technologies like AI. On the same note, humans should consider their health while using their creative minds.