Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are exploding currently in the industry. An increasing number of organizations have switched or are currently switching to Machine Learning and AI as it is a need for them to analyse large volumes of data. Every company wants to gain an advantage over its competitors by working more efficiently. All the industries from healthcare to e-commerce, streaming services like Netflix and oil and gas corporations to the supply chain sector are hiring Machine Learning professionals. There are not a lot of trained professionals to meet this huge demand. Every year, this gap continues to increase, creating a scope for high paying jobs.
If you are an absolute beginner in Machine Learning and AI, here are a few steps that you can take to get started:
- Developing a Mindset – Before starting, you must try developing your mindset. You must be aware of your shortcomings and failures. When you have the right mindset, you will be able to learn Machine Learning without any difficulty. Machine Learning is a concept and you need to embrace it and thoroughly understand it. Also, you need to be in the company of people with a similar mindset as you.
- Follow a Process that Suits You Best – Figure out your likes and dislikes and find a process that you would be passionate to follow.
- Pick a Programming Language – Pick a programming language based on your expertise and comfort. The most used programming languages in the field of ML are Python and R.
- Practice – Practice makes a man perfect. So, you must keep practicing and continue to learn.
- Construct a Portfolio – The knowledge that you have gained should not be wasted. Make use of the skill and demonstrate it while building your own portfolio.
Python is a popular programming language that is extensively used in the field of Machine Learning. Therefore, it is imperative to learn and master Python. To further the extent of your knowledge, delve right in the Machine Learning libraries. Machine Learning Libraries such as Sci-kit and TensorFlow are some popular python libraries. You must be familiar with these libraries to make a successful career in the field of Machine Learning.
Benefits of Machine Learning
- Better Job Opportunities – As more and more industries are shifting to Machine Learning and AI; they are hiring Machine Learning professionals to gain an advantage over their competitors. By 2025, the market value for Machine Learning and AI is estimated to be $19 billion. This is bound to reel in much better job opportunities.
- High Salary – Machine Learning professionals earn a pretty penny. According to a study conducted by SimplyHired.com, Machine Learning Engineers can earn up to $140K. With experience, your earnings can get as high as $190K.
- Ever-Increasing Demand – The demand for ML professionals has exploded and there are not enough professionals to fill the gap. Year by year, this gap is increasing, and companies are looking to hire such professionals. They are also willing to pay them well.
- Industries Shifting to Machine Learning – As the Industries are now dealing with tremendous amounts of data daily, they have no choice but to shift to Machine Learning and AI. ML is used for analysing and processing this data, and it can easily suggest risks and actionable decisions to the companies.
Important Machine Learning Certifications
- Learn Machine Learning by Building Projects– This certification consists of 45+ lectures with 12 Machine Learning projects that will enable you to build projects applicable in the real world. However, it requires prior knowledge of Python. Some examples of the real-world projects are breast cancer detection, credit card fraud detection, DNA classification, and Object recognition.
- Machine Learning Course (Data Science Certification) – If you are interested in Data Science as well as Machine Learning, this is the certification for you. It has 9 courses that will help people acquire skills that are imperative for organizations. Multiple projects and assignments are included in the certification to help boost your resume.
- Professional Certificate Program in Machine Learning and AI – Professionals and undergraduates are recommended to pursue this certification. It trains the individual with knowledge and skills in new technologies and advanced systems for building AI. The students are trained by the MIT faculty. The prerequisite for this certification is a bachelor’s degree in statistics or computer science, or physics.
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow– It consists of 5 courses that aims at mastering TensorFlow, an open-source machine learning framework. The courses solve problems and create and train Machine Learning models. Computer science or engineering background is a prerequisite.
- E-Cornell Machine Learning Certificate – During the certification, students learn to create models and address Machine Learning problems using Python. It also enables students to implement algorithms on live data and teaches them how to create and master neural networks.
- Harvard University Machine Learning – This certification focuses on principal component analysis and Machine Learning algorithms. It also teaches students how to use data to make predictions and recommendations. The prerequisite to apply is mastery in Python.
- Machine Learning with Python – It provides a general overview of Machine Learning topics. It also imparts knowledge on the purpose of Machine Learning and its real-world applications. As the name suggests, Python is required to be eligible.
There are a multitude of free courses and professional certifications that enable people to pursue a career in Machine Learning. Once you get the Machine Learning certification, you will have a sea of opportunities ahead of you along with a bright and successful career. The certification will not only enhance your knowledge, but it will also help increase your salary. According to PayScale.com, the average salary for a Machine Learning Engineer in India is INR 6,86,281. Professionals with 5-9 years of experience can earn an average total compensation of ₹1,142,459. The certification from a recognised institute will also help make your resume stand out to potential employers and set you apart from your competition.