Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps on the earth.
The users of this media platform share snaps such as photos, messages, and videos with their friends individually or with a group of friends. This service is available for Android in the play store and iOS in the App store. There are approximately 350 million active daily users who access this platform.
However, like other apps, Snapchat also tends to face issues occasionally. Here, in this article, we have prepared the 5 best fixes that you can try to make solutions to the problems to make the app function properly again.
Is Snapchat not working for you?
In recent days, the popular social media app, Snapchat is experiencing some technical difficulties. For those who have experienced some occurrences regarding Snapchat isn’t working, we have put together some basic checkups to fix it.
- Close the app and reopen the Snapchat app on your device. If still you could find any difficulties then you can try logging out of your account and logging back in. this could fix the issue as it will resync your local snaps to the server.
- You can check for the app update and you can do this from an Android device by following these steps:
Open the Google play store> search for the app Snapchat> Tap on the app> there will be an update option, tap on it.
- Many technical problems can be resolved by restarting the device. When Snapchat is not working you can also apply the same logic. Restart your device and this may instantly solve your problem.
- The main problem may be your internet connection if specific snaps or Snapchat are not loading. If you’re working on data try switching on Wi-Fi or vice versa. Resetting your router may fix your problem too.
- Although your internet connection is strong and may working on another app, Snapchat may not have the appropriate permission so you can fix it by following these steps:
- Open snapchat>tap on your Avatar icon>click on the settings>tap permission>if the permission is missing, it will say tap to Enable>go to permissions and allow Snapchat permission to everything.
5 errors or problems of Snapchat
Snapchat video call not working
This is a common issue of Snapchat that most of the users are unable to make video calls or even voice chat. Several users have complaints regarding facing trouble in making video calls on Snapchat. If you are also facing this issue here are some troubleshooting tips to fix the Snapchat video call not working issue on Android as well as iPhone.
Update your Snapchat app:
You need to install the latest version of this app to access and enjoy all the advanced features such as video calls or voice chat. You can also correct the disputes f the service.
To do so, on Android you can follow the below steps to update this app:
- you can open the Google play store to open the app
- Open the menu and then select My Apps and Games
- At the update, tab select the Snapchat app
- Tap on update
After updating you can now reopen the app and make a video call.
On your iPhone, you can update this app through the App store.
- On your iOS device, open the App store
- Under the update tab, select Snapchat
- Tap on update.
Snapchat notifications not working
It’s really hard being on top of the action in Snapchat if the notifications aren’t working properly. If you are too much eager to know about new messages, stories, and other happenings in Snapchat then here is an effective step to follow to get your notifications working properly.
It may happen that somehow you have disabled them at some point or they were never turned on on your device. On an iPhone start the settings app> scroll down to get the Snapchat app>tap the app> tap on notification> and swipe the button to the right.
On your Android device, open settings> tap notifications> on the notification page tap app settings and select Snapchat app>swipe to the right to enable notification
Snapchat flash not working
You are unable to click a picture as the Snapchat flash isn’t working; this is a common issue faced by Snapchat users. Don’t worry we will help you to sort out the Snapchat flash not working issue.
- You can reboot your device as the most common fix to Snapchat flash not working issue is by rebooting the device. You can also check whether the in-built camera flash is working for your camera app or not. If the in-built camera flash is working properly for the camera app then this issue may arise from the Snapchat software side.
- You can also open the App store and check if there are any pending updates remain to Snapchat. Sometimes minor malfunctions in the app’s file may arise annoying issues. You can also update your Snapchat version.
Location not working on Snapchat
if your Snapchat location is not working properly or not showing up, either may be your internet connection is poor or there may be a flaw in the snap map. This could prevent the Snapchat location feature from functioning correctly. Here, we are discussing the way to fix this issue.
- It’s possible for the Snapchat application might fail to start properly. So, if you restart the application, this problem seems to be solved.
- The Snapchat map requires location to be switched on, so you need to check the location settings:
For Android devices:
- Step 1: click on the setting menu from your device and then from the available options select the correct location
- Step 2: Activate the switch that is present next to the Use location.
For iOS devices:
- Step 1: on your iPhone open the setting app and Go to the Privacy>location services menu option.
- Step 2: tap the switch On option, located next to Location services.
Snapchat sound not working
An enormous number of Snapchat users have launched complaints that the sound of this application is not working properly. While they are playing a Snapchat story or Snapchat video they are unable to hear any sound. If you are also facing this issue here is a solution.
- You can make verification your device’s silent mode before making any further.
- You can reboot your device as this will refresh your temporary memory and also fix temporary bugs.
- You should check the Sounds & Haptics settings and make sure the volume key is turned on.
- Whether you are an iPhone or Android user, be sure that the Microphone permissions are on. If it’s not turn the permissions on and restart your device.
You May Also Ask
1. Why is Snapchat crashing?
if you are experiencing Snapchat crashing on your iOS or Android device then you can update this app or you can install an updated version of this app; this may fix the problem. You can also reboot your device to fix this issue.
2. What does Clear Cache do on Snapchat?
clear cache removes any unnecessary files or data from your application; also enables this application to run faster and smoother. Clearing the cache will not make removal of your snaps, memories, or chats. But you may lose saved filters and lenses.
3. Why is my SnapchatApplication closing as soon as I open it?
The reason your Snapchat closes as soon as you open it may be due to data corruption. A significant portion of data has been corrupted from the application’s memory like a cache. This may affect the functionality of Snapchat.
Snapchat is a very strong and well-built application. But like other applications sometimes it may get issues. So, these are the simple ways to fix the issues of the Snapchat application if it has stopped working properly on your Android or iOS device. One personal note is to update the app which almost always works.