Cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, are starting to become a good choice for online poker. But still, the biggest online poker sites are hesitant to use cryptocurrencies. Despite all this, we can easily say that many casino sites have started to use bitcoin.
The reason why customers generally prefer bitcoin is, of course, because it provides anonymity. At the same time, gambling site owners can also get a serious source of cryptos. Because the obligations of traditional payment methods cause an extra loss of income. However, casino sites using cryptocurrency can make serious profits.
Today we decided to prepare a guide to play poker with bitcoin for beginners. We will explain all the steps from buying bitcoin to finding a reliable crypto gambling site. If you are ready now, let’s get started and take a look at the details of our guide.
Buy Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency
If you’re just starting out, you probably don’t have a bitcoin wallet. (If you are actively using a Crypto Wallet, you can quickly skip these steps. And you can start reading directly from step 3.) All you need to do is to find a reliable Crypto Wallet site. Or you can opt for a popular cryptocurrency exchange. This is entirely up to you.
However, using an exchange is still a somewhat complicated way to buy cryptocurrency. It would be better to prefer Crypto Wallet sites instead. We will now suggest some of the most used sites by the community for you to choose from.
Coingate offers its customers the opportunity to pay with bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies. You can use almost any betting site with more than 70 cryptocurrency options. For example, you can play poker with bitcoin deposit on sites like Thunderpick and enjoy the great experience. Moreover, you can do this with dozens of cryptocurrencies. Because the transaction fee costs in bitcoin can be a little high. You can choose to use Litecoin, XRP, TRX, or Tether instead.
Returning to our topic, Coingate supports all the cryptocurrencies I have mentioned above. They will also identify you in a wallet stored in cold storage. So you will be able to trade 100% securely.
Without a doubt, Coinbase is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Moreover, it is extremely easy to use compared to other exchanges. So if you think it will be complicated, don’t worry. Because it is very easy to use and you can pay by credit card or bank. Just like Coingate, Coinbase defines you as a wallet for each cryptocurrency.
In fact, you have hundreds of buying options in the crypto industry. However, we tried to give the two most popular examples in the industry. Maybe there is a crypto buying platform that you know better. You can help our readers by stating all these in the comments.
Also, be extra careful with crypto scams. Even take a quick look at ways to avoid crypto scams.
Choosing an Online Poker Site
Now we can say that we have come to the difficult part. Because when it comes to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, there is no cheating. Moreover, since you will not be able to give a judicial reaction, it is possible to suffer serious losses in the wrong choices.
In order to overcome all this, you need to choose a reliable online poker site. First of all, we would like to talk about some important details for choosing a quality bitcoin poker site. Below you can find the items you need to pay attention to.
- Research the history of the gambling site you have chosen well. Do a detailed Google search to see if there are any scandals.
- Check your crypto casino selection on platforms based on customer feedback like Trustpilot. Try to find out what customers have received service before thinking about the site you have chosen. This is something that will definitely give you the most benefit in choosing your site.
- Make sure it supports dozens of cryptocurrency payment methods, not just bitcoin.
- Make sure the gambling site is auditable. Sites with a Curacao Gaming License certificate are more secure. Because it is regularly audited by the Curacao Gambling Authority.
- Check out their customer service. When it comes to crypto, there can be a lot of question marks in people’s minds. Make sure that elements such as live support and telephone customer support are available on the gambling site.
By the way, have you met the new generation of poker? You may want to take a look at our blog post about the revolution created by the developing technology in online poker.
Depositing Bitcoin to Online Poker Site
And here we come to my last step. Since you bought bitcoin, it means you have your own Crypto Wallet. If you have chosen your online casino site, now it’s time to move on to the final stage. Now all you have to do is register on the site and make a deposit. We would like to exemplify this part through a site we have experienced before. Thunderpick is a crypto gambling site where you can use bitcoin and various cryptocurrencies. Now we will tell you to step by step how you can deposit bitcoin to play online poker via Thunderpick. If you’re ready, let’s start.
- First, register with an online poker site. In the meantime, you will have the opportunity to receive various bonuses while registering. For example, you can earn an extra $100 on investment for $100.
- After completing the registration process, simply try to confirm your account. Phone and e-mail confirmation will be sufficient at first.
- Then you should usually see a button called “Deposit” on the right or middle parts of the site. Click it and proceed to the payment page.
- After this point, a window will open in front of you. And you need to view various payment options. You can also view bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies under the Deposit menu.
- Since we will be trading with bitcoin, we need to choose bitcoin from here. After selecting bitcoin, the gambling site will publish a defined “Bitcoin Deposit Address” on your username. And at the bottom, you will need to choose the amount you need to deposit. After you determine the amount you want to deposit, you can see the bitcoin equivalent of the dollar value right across. Here is the amount you have to pay to your bitcoin address above, in that dollar equivalent.
- Let’s say you wanted to deposit $250 by looking at the BTC value in May 2022. And a value like “0.008248809” appeared for BTC. Now all you have to do is log in to the wallet or exchange site where you bought bitcoin.
- After accessing your Crypto Wallet, you must send the amount of “0.008248809” to the Bitcoin Deposit address given to you by the gambling site. That’s the whole process. You don’t need to do anything extra. Your deposit will probably be credited to your account within a maximum of 10 minutes. That’s how easy it is to play online poker with bitcoin.