Today, we all live surrounded by new technologies, so electronics, along with the Internet, are already an integral part of our lives. Therefore, over time, we have begun to use new means of communicating more practically and immediately, especially through chat and video conferencing. Therefore, teletherapy is an excellent alternative to performing psychotherapy.
Why online therapy?
While not possible otherwise, these changes have also contributed to the field of psychology, opening up new possibilities for performing the complete process of online counseling. Discovering the potential for access to psychotherapy raises the first question about online therapy and makes a decision.
Is Online Psychotherapy Effective?
Like face-to-face therapy, online therapy is attended by a professional psychologist. Professional psychologists provide the same face-to-face and best online therapy, adapt to the two psychotherapies’ modality, and ensure fairness.
Online psychotherapy is provided by video conferencing. The importance of conducting sessions in this way is to be able to communicate in real-time. Thanks to microphones and websites, oral helps to establish a healthy and productive bond between the patient and the therapist. There is both verbal and non-verbal communication. By making these tools available in online psychotherapy, you can hear, communicate, and see the same things accurately, minimizing the differences that can occur in face-to-face therapy.
The structure of online or online therapy is the same as that of face-to-face therapy. Since the evaluation procedure, goal setting, treatment, and completion of treatment are the same in both modalities.
For what types of people is online therapy recommended?
The online psychotherapy is recommended for all types of people. You do not have to meet any specific requirement to request and carry out your psychotherapy process through the virtual medium. It is also true that there are conditions and/or personal profiles that find it difficult to go to therapy in person.
Indeed, for those who have some impediment to attending in person. Among the most common profiles are:
People who travel frequently and cannot commit to face-to-face continuity. In these cases, online therapy offers an opportunity to carry out the sessions from anywhere in the world. People who have some physical difficulty (temporary or permanent). They find it very pleasant not to have to travel to a specific place to receive therapeutic support.
People who manifest some difficulty or disorder of psychological origin prevent them from leaving home, having to move, or maintaining direct contact with other people. Some of the most common problems that arise in these cases are Agoraphobia or Social Disorder. Due to online therapy’s flexibility, there is the possibility of starting treatment from home online. As fears related to present psychological problems are overcome throughout the process, change the modality, and continue in person as part of therapy and patient progress, if desired.
Another prevalent profile in online therapy occurs in people who live outside their own country temporarily and/or permanently. Many people who live abroad, faced with the need to go to online therapists, prefer to do it either in their mother tongue. They prefer simply a person who knows the customs and ways of being typical of the specific nation.
5 of the advantage of online therapy:
- Saving money : By not having to travel weekly to a specific place to hold the sessions, we can save transportation costs. In the case of going by private transport, we can save the expense related to parking the vehicle.
- Saving time from online therapy :Similarly, by not needing to make a weekly trip and carrying out the session from anywhere, we do not waste time going to the consultation. Having the necessary means to carry out the session, we have the freedom to do it from the most comfortable place for us.
- Free choice of an online psychologist : By not interacting directly with the psychologist, we can choose from a larger range of psychologist online without being limited to a specific place. In this way, we can search and choose the professional that we consider to best adapt to our profile and best help us.
- A greater sense of intimacy : By having the possibility of conducting online sessions from home, it is likely that, especially at first, we feel more comfortable in our home.
- Flexible schedule : With all the characteristics exposed, it is clear that the patient can count on more flexibility and ease of time to perform virtual therapy. He will be able better to reconcile their personal, family, and work life.