PDF Split is a free tool that lets you split up a PDF file into multiple smaller PDF files. PDF splitter can be useful if you have large PDFs and want to send them in smaller chunks, for example, through email or via messenger service. The process involves selecting the location to save the split file and choosing how many pages should be in each new file.
To begin, you’ll need to download the PDF Split tool. Once it’s downloaded and installed, open the program by double-clicking on its icon in your downloads folder.
The next step is to select a PDF file you want to split into multiple pieces. To do this, click “File” at the top of your screen and then choose “Add File” from this menu. Then, select your PDF file from here and click Open to add it to the program’s window.
You can choose to save your split PDF file in one of two ways:
- To your computer. If you want to keep the split files on your computer, click Save As and specify where you would like to save them.
- To a cloud storage service. If you’d rather store your files online, click Upload instead of Save As, then specify which cloud storage service you want to use and how much space is available in that account before uploading the file. You can also choose whether or not this should be an overwrite action (in case there’s already some data associated with that folder).
To split your PDF data into separate files, you can choose to split pages based on size or page number.
- Split by Size: By default, this option will automatically create new PDF files when the total length of a single file exceeds 1 megabyte (1 MB). You can change this setting and specify any file size above 0 bytes.
- Split by Page Number: This method creates files according to the specified number of pages per file.
- Delete, extract or reorder pages you do not need.
- Select the page(s) to be deleted and click “Delete Pages” in the toolbar at the top of your PDF viewer window to remove them from your document. To delete all pages in a document, select “Delete All Pages” from this same menu option instead.
- Extracting data from a PDF file is an alternative method to removing unnecessary content if you prefer not to delete it entirely but want all content except what you want on separate sheets for later use or analysis.
- Reordering sections within documents can also help minimize wasted space by moving text around so that it takes up less room on each page.
Adobe Acrobat professionals say, “Split PDF online tool lets you quickly split and separate PDF pages.”
This is an important step because it allows for maximum precision in determining where each new column or row will be placed on the page. You may think that this would be obvious, but there are many times when people forget about this part of the process and wind up with something completely different than what they expected.
There you have it. You now know how to split PDF data into just a few easy steps. The process is quick and painless, so there’s no reason to hesitate when it comes to splitting your PDF documents.