Is your Hisense TV remote not responding? If you are sitting there to watch your TV and your TV remote is not working, this situation is annoying.
However, this is a common problem. Thousands of viewers are facing this issue every single month.
But, don’t worry. If you are looking for easy solutions to get your Hisense remote back in control then this article is for you.
Here, in this article, I am going to wrap together some common causes of Hisense TV remote malfunction, and a few easy solutions to get your remote back in control.
So, just stay with me till the end of the article!
Some Common Causes of Hisense TV Remote Malfunction
A Hisense TV remote may not respond due to the following factors:
If there is electromagnetic interference in the TV room then the TV remote may stop working. Because the electromagnetic interference nullifies the remote’s signals.
Outdated TV’s Firmware
If the firmware of the TV is outdated, then its incompatibility with the TV remote may cause the malfunction.
Various new accessibility apps or features can block different remote functions. So, it may be the reason for the non-functioning of the Hisense TV remote.
Corrupt Firmware of The TV
If the TV’s firmware is corrupt, then the firmware may not properly parse the signal of the remote. So, it may cause the remote to stop working.
A Few Easy Solutions to Get Your Remote Back In Control
Solution 1: Resetting a Hisense TV Remote
The first thing you need to try is simply reset your TV remote. This is one of the most effective ways to get the remote working again. Follow these below points to reset a Hisense remote:
- Remove the batteries from your TV remote
- Press and release the power button of your Hisense TV remote several times
- Then replace the batteries and check if the remote is working now.
The purpose of pressing the buttons several times is to drain the capacitors that can still hold onto a small electric charge till fully drained. If this procedure doesn’t work, just follow the next step of troubleshooting.
Solution 2: Check Your Remote’s Sensor
To send signals to your TV, the remote control uses a very special beam of light. it is called infrared. There is a device in your remote that controls this. This device is called the IR sensor.
If there is anything wrong with your IR sensor, then your TV remote can’t transmit the commands to your television set.
- Also, make sure that your remote is pointing directly to your TV set, and that it is unobstructed.,
- You can use your mobile phone camera to test whether your remote is sending any signal.
You need to be sure that there is a clear path between the TV remote and the TV. If the front of your TV is blocked by something such as any decoration, a book, or something else, then make the necessary changes.
Also, if there is nothing in between the way, make the remote closer to the TV. Just place the remote a couple of feet away from the TV set.
Even then, still your remote is not working then you need to check if the sensor is working or not.
A creative and effective way to test the infrared output of your TV remote is by using your phone’s camera.
You need to point your phone’s camera at the remote and look at your phone’s screen once you press the buttons of the remote.
You need to use the rear camera of your phone. If you see some red light coming through and showing up on your phone’s screen then it means the remote is transmitting the infrared beam of the sensor.
So, the sensor is not the cause of the issue. Don’t get stressed. just follow the next step.
Solution 3: Try Fresh Batteries for your Hisense TV remote
It may seem obvious, but many people overlook this issue since TV remotes can work for years. Your TV remote’s batteries may be dead, so they are not quite strong enough to send consistent signals. To try fresh batteries for your TV remote, you can follow the below tips.
- You need to remove the batteries from your Hisense TV remote
- Press the power buttons of the remote a few times and then press and hold it for few times.
- Add fresh batteries to the TV remote
- Now, check if it is working
If you have a battery tester, you can test your older batteries. But, getting a new pair of batteries will be much more effective. Still, your TV remote is not working. Don’t worry, you can follow the below steps.
Solution 4: Try Restarting Your Hisense TV
There can be a software issue with your Hisense TV. Even the older TVs have an array of hardware and software that work together to perform several tasks they do.
If your TV has a menu then it is essentially a form of firmware. So, just try out these below tips to restart your Hisense TV:
- Turn on Hisense TV and unplug it.
- Unplug any other cables that are connected to the TV such as HDMI, and other connectors.
- then remove the batteries from the remote.
- Press a few times on the power button of the remote to discharge the capacitors in the remote.
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and after that wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Then plug other devices and cables back into the TV. Plug your TV into the power source and put the batteries back into the remote again.
- Now, check if it is working
If still, your TV remote is not working then follow the final step.
Solution 5: Clean your Remote
Sometimes, when all these fail, you can try opening up the remote control and cleaning it. Before attempting this, you need to remove the batteries from the remote and press the power button a few times. To clean the remote, just follow these below tips:
- Look for all of the screw locations at the back of the remote
- Then remove the screws
- Carefully take off the back plastic cover casing
- You need to check if it is dirty-looking. Canned air helps you to clean it out.
- Also, you can do a visual inspection. Check if any capacitors are starting to bulge or burst open. At that moment, remove it and get a new one.
- carefully, put the remote back together. Now check if it is working.
Why is my Hisense TV remote not responding even with new batteries?
Ans: If you have put new batteries in your Hisense TV remote, even then the remote is not working it may happen because of another issue. The device in your remote that controls the infrared is called the IR sensor. if something is wrong with the IR sensor then your remote may not work.
How do I know if my Hisense TV remote needs re-pairing?
Ans: Sometimes, your Hisense TV remote may not work because of a pairing issue. So, pair your Hisense TV with the remote again to check if that is the reason.
You need to follow the below steps to pair:
- Turn on the Hisense TV and wait for to boot it up completely
- Go to your TV settings and scroll down to the “Remote & Accessories” options.
- Now, your TV will be on Bluetooth search mode
- Now, press and hold the button with the three horizontal bars of the remote. It will put the remote on discover mode.
- Now, the name of the remote will appear on the TV screen under Bluetooth devices.
- Select the remote
- The remote will get paired with the TV set.
- Once, the pairing is completed, you can see the blue LED light on the remote blink three times
Is it possible to use the TV without the physical remote?
Ans: Yes, there are a few methods that you can apply to use the Hisense TV without a remote. You can follow the below steps:
- Use buttons on the Hisense TV
- Use the ROKU app for ROKUOS Hisense TV
You can use the Android TV remote app
- You can use Google Assistant to control Hisense TV
Hisense TVs are very famous not only in the budget category but also in the flagship range. Hisense TVs are reliable and trustworthy. But they have problems like every other electronics. One common problem is that the Hisense TV remote not responding.
However, I have provided every detail of the probable causes and a few easy solutions to solve the issue. You just follow these solutions one by one and hope, you can find an effective solution that resolves your problem.
Hope, your Hisense TV remote starts working again and you are enjoying your favorite show on the TV.