If you are thinking of you are taking all the precautions to not wet your smartphone but somehow there may be some chances to get your smartphone watery. It may happen in a fraction of a second beyond your imagination. But don’t get afraid as we are here to sort this problem to end up with a dry smartphone.
Usually, most of the people who face this crisis will try to submerge their smartphones into the rice. This is a popular practice but by applying this technique you may be misled yourself to get the safety and effectiveness of your phone like previously.
Here, in this article, we have wrapped up all the techniques that you can take to prevent your phone from getting damaged. But remind that these tips may not work on every phone. If you are lucky you can surely save yours.
Drop Your Phone in Water? Here’s How to Get It Out of Your Phone?
Whether you have dropped your smartphone in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, or lake, you must get it out of the water instantly. You should keep in mind that every second of water exposure can damage your smartphone forever.
If it is raining you can wrap your smartphone with any material that won’t let in water. You can also use a plastic bag or some layers of cloth. Make sure that your phone is not getting wet further.
If your phone has dropped in the water while it was plugged into the charger then you must unplug the charger from the phone and also from the charging point ASAP.
How Does Water Damage Your Phone?
A smartphone has several factors that can damage by water. But don’t worry most of the components are repairable. How much your phone will get damaged depends on how long it was exposed to water.
The SIM card, headphone jacks, SD card slots, charging slots, and microphone points are the most sensitive parts of your phone that can immensely damage in water. When water gets enter through these ports it also damages the internal part of the phone. The water can damage the main part of your phone which is the motherboard. The motherboard is the most expensive and sensitive part of smartphones.
Water can also damage the RAM, camera, screen of the phone, processor, microphone, speaker, battery, transistor, and all the electronic components of the phone. All these components are attached to the motherboard, so if the motherboard gets damaged then most of these components will also have a chance to get damaged.
What Can You Do If You Drop Your Phone in Water?
If you have dropped your phone in the water then you should try your best to pick out your phone from the water ASAP. The longer it will remain in water the more it gets damaged. After picking up the phone you must follow this guideline:
- As soon as you have picked up your phone from the water you must switch off your phone
- If possible, you can remove the battery also
- Do not switch on the phone again
- Do not try to charge it
- Do not shake or swing your phone, it may cause more harm
How to Get Water out of Your Phone-Describe three process
After picking up the phone from the water you can remove the case, battery, SIM card, and other components from the phone right away. The internal components are very crucial for a phone’s functioning. Anything that will be connected to the phone will get more damaged. Here, we are describing three processes to get rid of this problem:
Use a lint-free towel:
You can use a lint-free towel to wipe off the excess water from the phone. If you don’t have a lint-free towel then you can try standard paper towels or washcloths.
Choose a drying agent:
You can use common household things such as silica gel to absorb more moisture from the phone. You can take a pinch of loose crystals and pop them into an envelope so that they can’t run everywhere.
Drying up with the use of a drying agent:
Now, you can take a large saucepan and set all the disassembled components of your phone at the bottom of the pan. Then you put at least 2cups of drying agent like silica gel over your phone and keep it for 2 to 3 days. If you pulled out your phone before 48hours then some water may still be lodged into the phone. Once your phone is dry, you can connect the battery and check for its effectiveness. If you found okay, you can connect other electronic components of your phone.
How You Can Get Water Out of Your Phone Speaker?
Here are some tips on how to get out water from your phone’s speaker:
- As soon as you picked up your smartphone from the water, switch it off instantly.
- Then you can use a vacuum cleaner to remove water from the speaker or any other openings of your phone.
- You can also use a hairdryer to absorb all the water from the phone. The hairdryer may take ten to fifteen minutes to evaporate the water from the phone.
- You can go to a repair shop where they will determine the condition of the phone. They will inform you about the further steps that can be taken to get out water from the phone.
How to get water out of your smartphone’s charging port?
In any case, you need to eject water from the charging point of your smartphone; here are some tips that can be effective for you:
- First, you need to dry up your phone with a towel.
- You can disassemble all the components of your phone.
- Gently tap your phone to eject water from its charging point.
- You can put your phone in a sock and now can blow dry with the use of a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner. You can blow cool air into it for 3 hours.
Tips to Prevent Your Phone from Water Damage
Water damages are not covered within the warranty in most of the smartphone companies’ guidelines. Here we are providing some tips to protect your phone from getting damaged by water:
- During monsoons, you can use Bluetooth or wired headphones. By this, you can keep your phone in your bag or your pocket safely.
- You can use waterproof covers for your phones.
- You can use a zip pouch that will prevent your phone from water damage a long way.
What to do when dirty water goes into the phone?
- Immediately pick out the phone from the water
- Switch off the phone ASAP
- Remove SIM card, battery, and other electronic components
- Dry the phone to the full
- Go to the repair shop
Can I dry my phone with the help of a hair dryer?
Ans: no, you cannot dry your phone using a blow dryer as it may destroy the other delicate electronic components of the phone.
How long will this take for a phone to dry out?
Ans: It depends on how much water has entered into the phone but you can allow it for 48hours to get dry.
Can I use salt to dry my phone?
Ans: According to experts, salts of the ocean are strongly corrosive to electrons and thus can quickly damage your phone.
Does the rice trick work?
Ans: as suggested by researchers, the rice trick is not so effective for your phone to dry up. Further, it can introduce dust and scratch over the phone.
Can I dry my phone in the sun?
Ans: After removing the black panel you can put your phone under direct sunlight to get it dry. But you must keep in mind that high temperatures may harm the electronic components of the phone.
Indeed, a water-damaged phone may not be fixed at home; so you can visit a nearby repair shop. Moreover, if your phone was dropped under deep water, you must allow the professionals to access the problem.