Are you wondering how to flip or mirror an image on Google docs? Although the steps to mirror or flip an image On Google docs are easy. Google hid this tool in plain sight. Google docs don’t provide image-manipulating features like other word processing software like MS Word.
Google docs are a cloud-based very popular word-processing application software. It is used for creating and editing a collaborative document. It offers a variety of features to its users for free.
However, image manipulating and editing features in Google Docs are limited. In this article, we are going to round up how to flip an image on Google Docs.
How to Upload an Image to a Google Docs Document
Here are a few easy steps that you can follow to upload an image to a Google docs file.
- Step 1: Open the document in which you want to upload an image on Google Docs.
- Step 2: Now, click on Insert, and then Images.
- Step 3: you can upload the image from various sources such as:-
- You can upload a picture from your laptop
- You can upload a photo from the web browser.
- You can upload an image that is saved on Google Drive.
- From your Google Photos library, you can upload an image.
- You can also insert a .gif or can insert a link to the image
- Step 4: then Click on Insert or open.
Image Editing in Google Docs
Google provides the feature to edit an image on Google Docs. Here are a few easy steps that you need to follow to edit an image on Google Docs.
- Step 1: upload an image into your Google Docs file.
- Step 2: once the image will be uploaded to your Google docs, you have to click on it to edit or crop the image.
- Step 3: when you have done this, you need to save it and close it to return to your document.
Now, you have the cropped ad edited image.
How to flip an image in Google Docs-(Guide with Pictures)
While you flip an image in Google Docs, you get the mirror image of the image. However, if there are texts within the image it will appear backward after your flipping. But if there are objects in the picture they will be shifted in the opposite direction after flipping.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to flip or mirror an image in Google Docs.
- Step 1: First, open the Google Doc.
- Step 2: then, insert an image in the document that you want to flip; by clicking on Insert>drawing, then select>New.
- Step 3: Now, a new drawing dialog box will appear, click on the image icon as shown in the picture below:
- Step 4: then, upload an image from your laptop or you can add the URL of the image, and the image will be inserted.
- Step 5: then from the Drawing option click on Actions>Rotate>Flip Horizontally or Flip Vertically as per your requirements.
If you select Flip horizontally it will flip the image along with the horizontal axis. That means objects in the image on the right side will be transformed on the left side and vice-versa just like the image below.
If you select flip vertically, this will flip the image across the vertical axis. That means the items that are present at the top of the image will be shifted to the bottom or vice-versa; just like the picture below:
- Step 6: After you have flipped the image, you should click on the “save and close” button. Now, this flipped image will be inserted within the Google document.
Now you have done.
Why can’t you flip an image in Google docs?
Ans: Google docs don’t provide any feature for flipping an image. But you can paste your image in the drawing tool and then flip it horizontally or vertically.
Can I rotate or flip an image in Google Docs mobile?
Ans: no, it is not possible to rotate or flip images in Google docs on the mobile version. It only can be possible for a web version. However, Google Docs allows you to add or delete images in the iOS and Android mobile versions.
Most of the Google docs users have attested once have inserted images within their document. Our brain interprets images faster than texts. People can read and understand an idea through pictures easily.
So, adding images to your documents is a great idea for illustrating important data and information. Further, the document also looks more attractive by adding some images within it.
However, image manipulating features are limited in Google Docs; we have covered all the relevant information in this article regarding how to flip an image in Google docs.