When you are engaged in a lengthy email conversation on Gmail, the subject of the message is more important in identifying messages in your inbox.
But there are certain times when you need to edit the subject line of an email. That is why it is important to gather knowledge about how to change an email subject line when forwarding an email.
In Google’s family of services, Gmail is the primary email service. It is a versatile platform that allows you to receive and send emails, create and manage groups, also can have access other account information.
Here, in this article, we will discuss how you can change the subject line while forwarding emails on Gmail.
What is the Subject line in Gmail?
The email subject line in Gmail is the first text recipients see after your sender name when an email arrives in their inboxes. It is necessary to keep an email subject line catchy, innovative, and brief.
Most of the recipients open an email that has a catchy subject line. If the recipients don’t find an informative subject line they tend to discard the email. That means an email subject line must concisely convey the message.
So, it is most important for beginners and new firms that a perfect email subject line results in more clicks. Thus, with ineffective email marketing, your products can reach a wide range of audience.
Can you edit the subject line in Gmail when forwarding a mail?
Yes, you can edit the subject line in Gmail of a conversation that has already been started. When you do this and send an email, your recipients will receive the email in their inboxes as a new conversation.
To edit the subject line in Gmail, you need to follow the below steps:
- Step 1: to the left of the person you are replying to, click on the dropdown arrow, and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Step 2: From this pop-up menu, click “Edit Subject”. Gmail’s new reply window will appear for you to type.
- Step 3: to edit the subject you have to click the cursor on the subject field and can make the desired changes.
How to Edit the Subject Line in quick and easy steps-
Here are a few easy steps that you need to follow to edit the subject line of an email quickly.
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account and click on the message that you want to edit.
- Step 2: Click on the Reply button.
- Step 3: to the right of the Reply arrow there is a down arrow, and you need to click on it. And from the drop-down menu choose the Edit Subject Line option.
- Step 4: now delete the present subject field from the subject field, and type the new one.
How do I edit the subject line in Gmail without replying?
To change the subject line in Gmail without replying, you need to follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account and click on the message that you want to make changes.
- Step 2: Click on the forward button
- Step 3: you can find a small drop-down arrow to the left of the recipient’s name, click on it.
- Step 4: Select Edit subject then the email will be opened as a new compose email box. The subject line will be highlighted and you can make changes to it. Then send the mail.
Changing the subject line or the content of the conversation will not make any effect on previous messages. In the previous email thread, you can still be able to find the information from the previous messages.
Moreover, other contacts in the conversation still can reply to the old messages in the thread. When you edit the subject line of an email in Gmail, you can able to create your subject line for an email that was sent to you.
But, if you create a new conversation thread then you need not require clicking on Edit subject.