Before we find out what is the main use of it, let’s define data science. So, what is Data Science?
Data science is a branch or field of computer science which uses scientific methods and algorithms to gain knowledge from data (both structural and non-structural).
It is used in multiple advanced fields like Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Big data analysis, and data mining.
It mainly deals with statistics and data analysis to obtain the needed results. It uses many mathematical and computational methods.
- Graphic design
- Information visualization
- Complex problem solving
Are a few of the many sub-fields using which data science took birth.
This isthe data science definition as a whole. This definition of data science is usually confused by some different fields which might look the same but are completely different.
There are four main pillars for data science they are
- Calculation or maths
- Computer science
Based on these four pillars, an information researcher is an individual who ought to have the option to use existing information sources and make new ones varying to extricate significant data and noteworthy bits of knowledge. These bits of knowledge can be utilized to drive business choices, and changes proposed to accomplish business objectives.
Academically speaking, there is no single way to be data science. Numerous colleges have made information science and analytical projects, generally at the graduate degree level. A few colleges and different associations offer affirmation programs too.
What is the data in science?
The definition of data is that it is the base from which data scientist concludes. It is used to provide insights on a particular problem and how to solve it. A data scientist designs algorithms based on this data.
In simple terms, the definition of data in science goes this way, The most important set of figures needed to solve any complex problem.
What is a data scientist?
We have been talking about the term Data Scientist for a while now. So, what are data scientists?
Data scientists are the kings of data. They are software developers and engineers who use big data to design a solution. They pinpoint the patterns in it and analyze it to the end. Using statistics, computational models, they create advanced plans for the company they work in.
An ever-increasing number of organizations are coming to understand the significance of information science, AI, and Data Science. Irrespective of the industry or size, companies that wish to stay serious in huge information need to productively create and execute information science capacities or danger being abandoned.
How much does a data scientist get paid?
With an average of around 118 thousand dollars per annum, the highest can go up to183 thousand dollars per annum. A senior data scientist is paid around 200 thousand dollars per annum.
Why data science?
Being a data scientist is indeed called the sexiest job in this era. This answers the question of why data science.
A data scientist is considered highly experienced if he has working experience for about 10 years and is known to showcase their valuable ideas for the companies they worked in.
Skills required to be a data scientist:
- UG in computer science or data science or any related field
- Should have all the technical skills used by a data scientist
- Have a particular goal and work on your specialization for that field
- Get an entry-level job in the field of data science
- Try doing a PG course
- Masters are more respected.
Technical skills required:
- Statistical analysis
- The mathematics needed for analyzing data
- Machine learning knowledge and techniques
- Software engineering
- Know how to use cloud tools
- Data mining
- Data warehouse
- Research capability
- Data visualization
- We should be able to communicate well so that the specifications will be clear at the developing stage.
- R language
- Proficiency in python language
- Data cleaning
Big data Analytics wiki:
Big data analytics analyses data (numbers is a spreadsheet ) and finds patterns within it, which are further used to solve complex problems by designing algorithms and models.
Why is it important?
It helps us pinpoint new opportunities and develop our business in a smart and more technically organized way.
It gives us the ability to work in a more efficient ad faster way.
Big data analytics wiki
Huge information advancements, such as cloud-based analysis, bring huge cost-efficient points regarding putting away a lot of information and can distinguish more productive methods of working together.
The capacity to measure client needs and fulfillment through analysis gives you the ability to give clients what they need. Davenport calls attention to enormous information examination; more organizations are making new items to address clients’ issues.
With the speed of in-memory examination, joined with the capacity to analyze new information, organizations can promptly break down data and settle on choices dependent on what they’ve realized.
Characteristics of big data:
- Volume and Variety : The quantity and quality of stored data. The size of data tells about its quality and is useful to get some valuable insights that can be used in further processes. The type of data is another important feature which is to be considered. Based on its type, the speed at which data is generated.
- Veracity : The speed at which the machine-generated data and how is that data further processed is taken care of by the Veracity.
- Exhaustive : It checks if the whole system is recorded or not.
- Extensional : The data can be extended or changed based on the requirements.
- Relational : A meta-analysis of different data sets.
- Value : The value can be extracted from the given data.
- Variability : The data can change based on the characteristics.
Applications of big data:
- In government research
- In health care
- International development and trades
- Mass media
- Information technology
- Internet of things or IoT