While buying a new phone or tablet, often people try to find the difference between Global ROM vs China ROM to know which ROM is better for him, depending on the place where he is living and his other requirements. Today in this article we will acquaint you with all you need to know about Global ROM and China ROM and also compare their features. First, we need to know global ROM meaning and china ROM meaning.
Global ROM is built for international users all over the world and is developed with multiple languages available, it has full Google application support and has no Chinese applications, on the other hand, Chinese ROM is specially designed for Chinese users. It is full of Chinese mobile applications and does not support Google applications, if you want to use google applications in China ROM, you will need to download Google installer. While Global ROM supports network bands for all other countries, China ROM supports all the network bands in China. Now let us look at China ROM vs Global ROM.
China ROM vs Global ROM
It is not possible to decide, whether Global ROM is better or Chinese ROM, we can only compare. To compare Global Rom vs China Rom, we need to look at a few points like:
- You can use Global ROM in any country, it is made for international users, but you need to keep in mind that the global ROM does not support any Chinese applications. Chinese ROM is specially designed for people living in China, though you can use it outside China also in that case, some of the Chinese applications will become obsolete.
- To use Google applications in Chinese ROM, you will have to download the Google Installer but while using Global ROM you do not require Google installer as it has inbuilt Google applications.
- Unlike Google play store in Global ROM, you will find China’s own application store in China ROM.
- Since Xiaomi is a Chinese product, Chinese ROM gets the updates much before Global ROM (since MIUI is developed by Xiaomi)
- While maximum phone themes are completely FREE for Global ROM users, people with Chinese ROM require to use Mi Credits to purchase those themes.
- Though there are few issues with the Chinese ROM keyboard, it can be easily overcome by downloading other keyboards but no such issues are there with Global ROM users. On the other hand, the font style setting feature for phones and tablets is not available in Global ROM, but it is there in Chinese ROM.
- the battery performance for Chinese ROM is better than the battery performance of Global ROM users.
- The Chinese ROM comes with an in-built feature to ROOT the device but this same feature is not available in Global ROM mobiles and tablets.
If we compare Global ROM vs China ROM and look at all the points, we will find that each type of ROM has its own uses and features. Both are designed with unique features for their own target market, depending on the needs and wants of people.